Voting Location Changes
City of Alexandria
- Due to COVID-19, the voting location for the Ladrey Senior Building Precinct will be the Charles Houston Center (901 Wythe Street).
- Due to construction, the voting location for the Douglas MacArthur School Precinct will be the G.W Masonic Temple (101 Callahan Dr.).
- The Hermitage voting location has been relocated to F.T. Day School (1701 N Beauregard St.).
- The Chinquapin Rec Center voting location has been relocated to Alexandria City High School (3300 King St.).
Polling Places Moved
The following locations have moved for the November 8, 2022 General Election:
|Precinct||Old Location||New Location||Reason for Move|
|007 Cherrydale||St. Agnes Church||W-L Annex, 1426 N Quincy St||St. Agnes church was undergoing an extensive renovation and determined unsafe for voting. The polling place was temporarily moved to Restoration Church, 1815 N Quincy St, for the June 2022 Democratic Primary but they are unable to accommodate an election again.|
|017 Overlee Knolls||Resurrection Lutheran Church||Cardinal School, 1644 N McKinley Rd||The polling place was moved temporarily in 2019 due to construction at the school. It has returned to its original location.|
|031 Lexington||Lee Community Center||Westover Library, 1644 N McKinley Rd #3||Lee Community Center has been permanently closed.|
|045 Buckingham||Barrett School||Lubber Run Community Center, 300 N Park Dr||The main entrance used for voting at Barrett was not ADA compliant.|
Same Day Voter Registration Information
Virginia now has same day voter registration. For those who have not registered by the deadline and still wish to vote, you will fill our a provisional ballot at your polling place.
For more information on same day registration, please click here.
Tuesday, November 8, 2022
FIRST DAY OF IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING
Friday, September 23, 2022
VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Monday, October 17, 2022
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR A BALLOT TO BE MAILED TO YOU
Friday, October 28, 2022, by 5:00 PM
LAST DAY OF IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING
Saturday, November 5, 2022
VOTE BY MAIL
To vote Absentee By-Mail, you must submit an application requesting an Absentee Ballot. You can do this either online, by mail, by fax, or by email.
- To apply online, please click here.
- To download the application, please click here.
- To find your registrar’s contact information, please click here.
Voters should request an Absentee Ballot as soon as possible so they can return their ballot before polls close on Election Day
Problems or Concerns?
Stay at the polling location and call the Voter Protection Hotline
Or ask a poll observer for assistance.